Mission & Objectives
Age and Gender Equity in the Arts (AGE) is a social justice organization that advances intersectional equity for women across the lifespan in theatre through direct incentives, advocacy, and community engagement.
Our vision is the equitable, diverse and inclusive representation of women in theatre including artistic leadership roles, playwriting, casting and design.
- Equity for women across the lifespan in the stories told in theatre.
- Equity for women in artistic leadership roles in theatre.
- Equity for women across the lifespan in representation on the theatre stage.
- Equity for women in designing positions in theatre.
- Equitable opportunities for women to achieve their full potential in theatre.
- Safety for women in the workplace, on stage and off the stage.
- To raise awareness of gender bias in theatre and its adverse effect on the arts and culture.
- To create opportunities for collaborations that lead to changes in gender imbalance in theatre.
- To advance equity for women through diversity and inclusion.
- To raise awareness of microaggressions and gratuitous violence against women in theatre.
Age and Gender Equity in the Arts grants awards that recognize theatre entities that promote and exhibit structural, systemic and sustainable solutions to age and gender balance in their programming, leadership and casting.